Yes, you read that right! A frozen pretzel in an air fryer isn’t just possible; it’s also one of the best ways to make this simple snack quick, tasty, and perfectly crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside. This method is great for both pre-made frozen pretzels from your local grocery store or homemade soft pretzels you’ve kept in your freezer.
So, are you ready to take this mouth-watering journey? Let’s get started!
QUICK ANSWER: Preheat the air fryer to 320 degrees F, place the frozen soft pretzel in a single layer in the air fryer basket, and cook for 3-5 minutes until golden brown. Serving air-fried pretzels brushed with melted butter and sprinkled with salt makes for a quick, delicious snack.
Why Air Fryer Pretzels?
Air frying is not just for air fryer french fries or chicken wings anymore. One great thing about air frying is that it provides a healthier alternative to traditional frying while achieving a great appetizer or quick snack. The result is golden brown, crispy, and delicious snacks that everyone will love, like our air-fried pretzel.
How To Air Fry Frozen Soft Pretzel
Preparing a frozen pretzel in an air fryer is a straightforward process that requires only a few simple steps:
- Preheat Your Air Fryer: This is a crucial first step. Preheat your air fryer to 320 degrees F (160 degrees C) for best results.
- Prepare Your Pretzels: Arrange your frozen pretzels in the air fryer basket, ensuring they are in a single layer and not overlapping.
- Cook Your Pretzels: Air fry the pretzels for 3-5 minutes, or until they are golden brown and crisp. The exact cooking time may vary depending on the size of the pretzel and your air fryer brand.
- Apply Toppings: Remove the pretzels from the air fryer and brush them with melted butter. Then, sprinkle a little salt or coarse salt on the tops of the pretzels. Optional: For a different flavor, you can sprinkle parmesan cheese or garlic powder.
- Serve: Serve your delicious snack with your favorite dipping sauce, like honey mustard or cheese sauce.
Homemade Pretzel Bites in Air Fryer
If you’ve got a little extra time on your hands, try making homemade pretzels. It’s a great way to enjoy this delicious snack with your own preferred flavors and toppings. Here’s a simplified guide for making air fryer pretzel bites.
- Pretzel dough (find how to prepare and store it overnight here)
- Egg wash (1 egg beaten with a little water)
- Coarse salt or pretzel salt
- Melted butter
- Prepare Your Pretzel Dough: Using your stand mixer, prepare your pretzel dough and let it rise at room temperature.
- Shape The Dough: Shape your dough into small dough balls or traditional pretzel shapes. Dip each dough piece in a boiling water and baking soda bath for 20-30 seconds, then place it on a baking sheet.
- Apply Egg Wash and Salt: Brush each dough ball or pretzel shape with the egg wash and sprinkle with coarse salt.
- Freeze: Transfer the baking sheet into the freezer for about 2-3 hours, or until the pretzels are fully frozen.
- Cook in Air Fryer: Preheat your air fryer at 320 degrees F. Place the frozen soft pretzel bites into the air fryer basket in a single layer and air fry for 3-5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve: Brush the pretzel bites with melted butter and serve with your favorite sauce.
Storing and Reheating Pretzels
Store leftover pretzels in an airtight container or freezer bag for up to 2-3 days at room temperature. You can also freeze them for a longer time. When you’re ready to eat, use your air fryer to reheat the pretzels for 1-2 minutes. For more details, check out this post.
Whether you’re looking for an after-school snack for the kids, a game day treat, or a late-night munchie, air fryer pretzels are a great option. With their irresistible crunch and versatile topping options, it’s no surprise that this new snack method is quickly becoming a favorite.
Just remember, whether it’s your first time trying a frozen pretzel in an air fryer, or you’re an air-frying expert looking for a new snack to try, the perfect method is the one that makes your taste buds happy!
Happy air frying!