Your kitchen just got a lot more exciting with the addition of a new air fryer! This versatile kitchen appliance has gained popularity for its ability to cook a wide range of foods without the need for copious amounts of oil. Now that you have this game-changing gadget, you’re probably eager to get started cooking some of your favorite foods, from crispy French fries to juicy chicken wings. But you might be wondering about the best air fryer times and temperatures for different types of food. Don’t worry. We’ve got you covered. We’ve compiled a printable air fryer cooking chart that will serve as an easy reference for your cooking process. You can download the free printable at the bottom of this post.
If you have a griddle, you will also want to check out this griddle cooking chart!
Air Fryer Basics: What It Is and How It Works
The air fryer is essentially a compact convection oven. A heating element at the top warms the air, while a fan circulates it around the food in the air fryer basket. This hot air cooks the food from all angles, resulting in a crispy texture akin to deep frying but without the need for much oil. This method of cooking not only uses less time and energy than a traditional oven, but it also makes for healthier meals.
Getting Started with Your Air Fryer
The first time you use your new air fryer, keep a few things in mind for best results:
- Do not overcrowd the basket. Arranging the food in a single layer ensures that the hot air can circulate freely and cook evenly.
- Use a meat thermometer. To ensure your meat is cooked to the proper internal temperature, a thermometer is a must. This is especially important for larger cuts of meat, like a whole chicken.
- Shake the basket. For certain foods, particularly ones that are small and cook quickly, shaking the basket halfway through the cooking process helps to ensure even cooking.
Your Handy Guide: The Printable Air Fryer Cooking Chart
Our printable air fryer cooking chart is a handy reference that details the most common foods, their ideal cooking temperatures, and how much time they take to cook in an air fryer. The chart is broken down into different categories for easy reference, including meat and seafood, vegetables, fried foods, frozen foods, bakes and breads, and mains/snacks.
Some Key Air Fryer Cooking Times and Temperatures
To give you a taste of the handy guide, here are a few examples from the chart:
- Meat and Seafood: For a juicy steak, set your air fryer to 400°F and cook for 7-14 minutes. For crispy bacon, you’re looking at a 400°F setting for 5-10 minutes.
- Vegetables: If you’re cooking asparagus, you’ll want to set the air fryer to 375°F for a cooking time of 4-6 minutes. To achieve tender yet crisp Brussels sprouts, cook at 350°F for 15-18 minutes.
- Fried Foods: Craving some homemade fries? You’ll need to set your air fryer to 400°F and fry them for about 10-20 minutes.
- Bakes and Breads: You can even make cookies in your air fryer! They’ll bake perfectly at 325°F for 8-10 minutes.
Remember, the temperatures and times listed in our chart are a great starting point, but you might need to adjust them depending on your specific air fryer model and how you like your food cooked.
Printable Air Fryer Cooking Chart
|Food Category||Food||Temperature||Air Fryer Time|
|Meat & Seafood||Bacon||400°F||5-10 minutes|
|Bone-In Pork Chops||400°F||4-5 minutes per side|
|Chicken Breast||375°F||22-23 minutes|
|Chicken Fingers||375°F||12-15 minutes|
|Pork Chops||375°F||12-15 minutes|
|Baked Potatoes||400°F||35-45 minutes|
|Fried Foods||French Fries (fresh)||400°F||15-20 minutes|
|French Fries (frozen)||400°F||10-15 minutes|
|Potato Chips||360°F||15-17 minutes|
|Frozen Foods||Corn Dogs||400°F||8 minutes|
|Mozzarella Sticks||400°F||6-8 minutes|
|Tater Tots||400°F||12-15 minutes|
|Bakes and Breads||Brownies||325°F||40-45 minutes|
|Mains/Snacks||Mini Pizzas||400°F||4-5 minutes|
|Pretzel Bites||340°F||5-6 minutes|
|Jalapeño Poppers||375°F||6-8 minutes|
Download Your Free Printable Air Fryer Cooking Chart
Now that you have a basic understanding of how your air fryer works and the general rule of thumb for cooking different types of food, you’re ready to start experimenting with your favorite recipes! To assist you on this journey, we’ve prepared a printable air fryer cooking chart which is available for personal use. This chart will serve as a quick reference guide for your air frying adventures. Remember to keep your free air fryer cooking chart close by for handy access, perhaps in your recipe binder or affixed to a kitchen cabinet.
Whether you’re air frying for the first time or looking for a comprehensive reference to ease your cooking process, our free printable air fryer cooking chart is invaluable. This chart gives you a clear guide on how to air fry different ingredients to perfection. Happy air frying, and enjoy those delicious meals!
Remember, the best part about cooking is the experimentation. Feel free to play around with different temperatures and times; this chart is just a starting point. Your air fryer is a versatile kitchen appliance that is capable of delivering a wide array of delicious food, all at the touch of a button. So, go ahead, experiment, and enjoy the process of creating delicious, healthy meals in less time.